Monday, January 26, 2009

2:11:08

I did it!!! Sunday was the coolest most painful day of my life! I finished the half marathon in 2 hours, 11 minutes and 8 seconds (but who's counting?)! Whizzle, Monte, and Jonas (my adorable boyfriend) came to support me at 7 in the morning with signs, cameras and silly string. It was amazing to have friends there for a really special day. After the race I limped to the team tent, drank a mimosa with my buddies then slowwwwly made it to the car to go home. I held a 10 minute pace the whole 13.1 miles! I have never ran such a fast pace so my legs feel like I got run over by a truck--or perhaps fell off a motorcycle....

Which leads me to other news, that my dad got into a motorcycle accident a few Sundays ago. FUCK! He tore his tricep and shattered his tibia and fibula (ankle, for those of us who don't remember the biology test in which you had to label the bones in the human body). He already had one surgery and tomorrow is the second one to reconstruct the ankle YET AGAIN. I hate hospitals. Everything about them gives me the creeps, and I've been there every single day for 10 days now. I'M GOING INSANE.

To end on a good note, the weekend of my dad's accident (unbeknownst to me at the time) Jonas and I went camping on the Peace River in Arcadia, FL. It was absolutely relaxing and much-needed break from the stress Miami tends to give me. We drank a case of beer, an 18-pack, and a fifth of Jack. We smoked enough weed to impress even the smelliest hippies, and paddled around in our canoes fishing, finding fossils, and enjoying the UNBELIEVABLE WEATHER. The first night it dropped down to a ridiculous 30 degrees over night, and the days were cloudless and pretty much perfect. We had to paddle for a few hours against the wind on the last day, running on the tiny bit of booze we had left, and right before I started to get frustrated, I said, "You know, if this is the most stress in my life, life is pretty good." And just a few hours after that, I found out about my dad's accident. Ha! Nice timing.

What else... Classes started and I've officially graduated in my own mind considering my classes include Drawing, Acting, Health and Fitness, Breaking into the Ad Industry, and some stupid required b.s. ad class. School is going to be stupid-easy. Might quit the surf shop to work at the yoga studio I joined. Sounds a lot better to me. Started coaching my high school's varsity softball team with my former coach and friend, Joey, but I'm not sure I have the time to commit to it completely. Decisions coming up. Seems I've been making the right ones lately... Hopefully this trend will continue.

That's all for now.

2 comments:

Jenny Auguste said...

hurrah

Anonymous said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibula

They even put a picture to make it easier.