Monday, July 14, 2008

Alright, Alright....

So just a quick apology to the loyal BFB fans that probably noticed the break I've taken from writing on this lovely blog. After July 4th, life got wayyy crazy. To recap, Saturday was spent mourning the loss of my Macbook, Sunday was spent getting wasted at the McCarren Park Pool Party, then a fucking crazy night of bar hopping to 6 different venues with Pagina...
Monday we woke up twitching and gasping for breath... but still managed to go to the city to chose random places to sit. Ex. Washington Square Park, Grey Dog, The Slaughtered Lamb... Where eventually the UG crew came to drink and entertain.

Tuesday to Thursday was all a blur.. All I basically remember is not knowing if leaving New York was going to be the right decision or not. I was so hesitant, but after everything that happened and the crazy week I lived, I decided it was enough. I got on a plane Thursday morning, and as it took off, I had tears in my eyes, as my whole experience in NY flashed before me in a few seconds.

Getting back home to Miami was anything but easy. I didn't want to talk, explain, catch up, or anything. All I wanted to do was go to bed... and I passed until well into Friday afternoon, completely disoriented, wondering why I was waking up in silent darkness, as opposed to hearing a fridge door slamming, a monstrous burp from a roomie (yes it has happened), or someone sitting on my sleepy body.

I had the weirdest feeling EVER waking up my first day in Miami. I felt oddly alone for the first time in a while, considering I really never had any time to feel lonely in NY because my "family" was always around. All I've really been doing since I've been home is hangin with my buddies that love here in Miami, and trying not to regret any decisions about coming home, or going in the first place. I had the time of my life with the best friends I could ask for. Just like I tell people that ask me how everything went in NY... The best times were the greatest of my life, and the worst times were something I'd never want to feel again. Fuckin New York.... I'm not through with you.....

No comments: