Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Harry, My Pet Spider

Alright. Everyone that knows me knows I'm pretty random... And this is going to take the cake for sure. But I have to let you all know the story about my pet spider named Harry. I am quite an animal lover, except for snakes, so they should all die a slow painful death... but spiders don't really bother me, so I'd like to share this story.

One drunken night, I came home, popped the screen out of my bathroom window and feasted on a nice Parliament Light. I was in one of those FUBAR states to the point where I ended up noticing a little spider that made a tiny little web right on my windowsill, and I thought he was cool so I named him Harry.

Every time I go to my "smoking window," I check up on the little dude. Well, I have to tell you, since I went away to New York, this motherfucker has built the most intricate, complex fortress of a web I have ever seen in my life. A few of my buddies can vouch for me that I have watched this guy go from having a studio apartment to a fucking oceanside mega-mansion. Pretty soon I am going to be paying my little arachnid neighbor rent, as he is pretty much taking over my smoking window.

If I had a camera that could shoot the complexity of this web, I would surely snap a pic and put it up here, but for now, just imagine it yourself. I'm talking super-duper-Malibu Barbie mansion that you got for christmas when you were 7. But spider style. This guy is fucking badass. Here's to you, Harry. Cheers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT WAS A TERRIBLE POST.

Anonymous said...

THAT WAS A TERRIBLE POST.

Anonymous said...

THAT WAS A TERRIBLE POST.

Lex said...

then dont read it.... aren't you supposed to be mybest friend? and just cause you're scared of spiders you dont ahve to take it out on me.