Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A few movies

So at the request of Pagina, I saw Charlie Bartlett and Requiem for a Dream in the past 2 days and I have some definite comments about the films!


Charlie Bartlett, in my opinion, is a mix between a male-oriented Juno and a present day Ferris Bueller. And yes I know how some people are very protective of Bueller... but this is honestly a must-see. Anton Yelchin does a phenomenal job at playing the high school loveable drug dealer that, as Paige described it, "you either love him or want to be him." Watch it! It's amazing.




Requiem for a Dream-
I know I'm late on this one, but better late than never! This is a great movie. I love the way it's filmed and of course Jared Leto is amazing. I actually think the mother does an amazing job in the movie, too, as a cracked out diet pill addict whose number one ambition is to be on television. It's so well-done... intense, scary, funny, crazy... I definitely see now why a lot of people call this their favorite movie, though my heart still belongs to Edward Scissorhands.

No comments: