Thursday, September 25, 2008

Public Speaking

I have my third speech tomorrow for my public speaking class. My first one was about introducing a classmate, second was Obama's Economic plan, and my third is a "Special Occasioin," speech, meaning a toast, a fake acceptance speech, or for some interesting occasion. I haven't written it yet.

My first idea, inspired by watching Across the Universe last night, was to write a speech as if I was at a celebratory party for The Beatles getting signed to their first record label, as if I was a manager, or a close friend of one of the Liverpool boys. Then I thought... hm... I could be Yoko Ono on a press conference in the 70's? Nah. Both of these, to be done with just the right amount of facts and wit, would take way too much effort for a class that I usually don't spend too much time on.

So, with those ideas shot down, I think it's more appropriate for me to write an acceptance speech for being voted Biggest Procrastinator of All Time. Maybe make it entertaining, funny, but short and sweet. The only problem is, once I get started on examples of what makes me the biggest procrastinator of all time, the list would be too long, and I'd probably end up putting it off.

No comments: