Sunday, September 7, 2008

Ike, you suck!!!

Well after a weekend of binge drinking and grove outings, I woke up this morning to check the path of Hurricane Ike, thinking that Miami was going to get smacked sometime around Tuesday. That being said, this was the weather.com image that came up, and let me explain why I'm actually pissed off that it didn't come closer.
Photobucket

Ok, so when we were little kids growing up in Miami, without thinking about the damage these storms can actually do, every kid always wanted a hurricane to hit because, like the northerners that pray for snow days, we would get "hurricane days," in which school would be cancelled, we could sleep as late as we wanted, and play monopoly with flashlights and battery powered everything. Now, I'm not a little kid anymore so I do know how potentially awful a storm can be, BUT my mom and I already had tickets booked to go to New York on Monday to "evacuate!"

Did I mention it's both Jake AND Paigeys birthdays this week? So call me selfish or immature, but dude... Ike sucks! It's not even close to hitting us, so my mom refunded the plane tickets, meaning instead of arriving at JFK early afternoon tomorrow, I'm still going to be in this stupid place getting wasted at the grove and meeting douche bags. At least I have my 32nd street champs to keep me thoroughly entertained, because after a TEASE like this, I would be pretty upset.

So anyways, this weekend was one big blur, so without going into too much detail, I'll just write about last night. Monte had a bbq turned crazy pool party kegger last night for the Canes-Gators game, in which (as expected) the Gators whooped some major Cane butt. So even if they would have won, either way, there was a perfect excuse for 50+ drunk college kids/recent college grads to get even drunker and actually convince themselves that flip cup and pool volleyball really are competitive sports. I guess this was my first REAL college party? Like, one that revolves around "the game," everyone was actually wearing orange and green. I played my first game ever of flip cup, did a 2 second keg stand, and got in on some beer pong (my personal fave).

Funny sidenote-- When I would tell people that "yes I am a senior," and "no, really, I've never played flip cup," they just could NOT understand how that was possible, so I just responded with, "well while most girls were making out with frat boys and playing these games like Kings and doing kegstands, I was 18 years old and promoting for a club downtown, making more than you pay in rent." They didn't like that answer. I wasn't trying to sound like that was better than the alternative, but I immediately became a confusion in the drunk minds of these kids. So I decided to play pool volleyball, partake in all these other "house party," traditions (in my usual vocabulary, a house party refers to a euro-trash yuppie party at some swanky venue on south beach, but apparently it just means having massive amounts of people over) and to be honest with you, I had a fucking blast! It's funny because I feel so out of my element, but it's cool! You don't have to pay $8 for a beer, put up with parking and cover fees, and waiting for a drink, etc. See? Doesn't this sound ridiculous?

Basically, I've realized it now! I guess I'm just doing everything backwards? hmm.. interesting. Random Girl strikes again!

No comments: