Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sweat Break-in and Other f.u.s.

What the fuck... who would break into a record store that has done nothing but supplied the music-conscious city of Miami with obscure music and organic coffee? This wasn't a Spec's or a Best Buy, this was a shop that has so much heart. Sweat Records, to me, is a place that when I venture over there, I find myself lost in music that I'd never find in a typical cd shop. I find toys, art, and meet people that appreciate things that most people don't. It's heart breaking to know that people scoped this shop out, and decided it'd make a good target to steal from and vandalize. My best wishes are with Lolo, Jason, and the rest of the Sweat family.

Ugh.

So tonight was cool. I went to Monte's house with Whit where they prepared a spicy Stir Fry dinner we watched some Monday Night Football. I hope someday when I have my own place I can learn how to cook like Whiz. Always a thoughtful preparation of crazy ingredients that somehow end up being awesome! French fries cooked with melted cheese, bacon and jalapenos? Just another night with my favorite couple ever!

Anyway, I made a venture out to the White Room tonight, completely randomly, and had a great time. Started out sitting by myself at the bar listening to some great indie rock selections, then ran into the usual suspects and spent a bit too much money and got a little drunker than I expected. Who am I kidding... I know the way these random nights always end up playing out! Rafael spun the best set through the time I was there, banging out the electro dance music that made the underaged hipsters twirl around and spend money on over-priced booze. Props to Andrews and crew for a sweet dance party on a Monday night. Only in Miami can you pack a (small, but who cares?) venue on a Monday night, dancing, drinking, and rocking out. Sweet.

Then I attended a private acoustic concert which made my night! Great thoughtful songs, and awesome company.

Now I'm back at home, wondering how the time passed so quickly, and trying to figure out how I had the audacity to do something like this on a Monday. Eh, whatever. Ya only live once.

Last night, by the way, I watched the Labyrinth and the Goonies, by request of Whiz and they were both amazing! Watched the Labyrinth first, and it only escalated my love for Jim Hensen, David Bowie, and goblins. The Goonies was like nothing I've ever watched before... I'd describe it as a bunch of smart-mouthed kids risking their lives to find One-Eyed Willy's hidden treasure, while somehow making me wish I lived in the 80's for more than just 3 years. Great movies, I highly suggest them to anyone that's at least half as cool as I am. Think about it.

Photobucket


Ha!
Leaving with something Whiz told me I should watch... pretty fucking hysterical:

1 comment:

Whizzle for Shizzle said...

lalala
oh how i love your blog!

the labyrinth does rule
the goonies always reminds me of summer nights at camp watching it on a projection screen while tanned teenagers try to make out without the counselors catching them hahaha

white room! fun!