Monday, August 11, 2008

A Conversation

Meet my bestie, Whiz. Her and I do basically everything together all day everyday. We live less than a mile apart, and not only is she one of the coolest people you'll ever meet, but she's become quite the gourmet chef in the past few months, using me and her roomie Christian as guinea pigs, which makes all of us quite happy!
Photobucket

Things we do range from hanging out at the Standard pool, go to public libraries, rage out on Saturday nights, dress each other in outrageous outfits, talk about boys and their dependance on women, cause trouble during classes at UM that are WAY too early anyway, and watch Project Runway and Weeds like its the fucking televised version of the bible.

Basically we are goofballs with attitude, modern feminist go-getters, Bowie-worshipping-present-day 80's princesses that like to listen to music on vinyl, drink cheap sparkling wine, and smoke the occasional hippie lettuce together. Here is one of our conversations that I stumbled upon in the amazing moleskin book she gave to me before I left for New York:

Whiz: Yo I can't find my phone. Can you call it?
Lex: Sure. Wait, I can't find mine.
Whiz: Oh, I found mine.
Lex: Oh, me too. It was under my bag.
Whiz: Stoners.

But our conversations are not always this silly. And the things we do together sometimes bring me to thinking more about life, art, music, and personalities.

We went on Art Walk a few weeks ago and as we went through the different galleries sipping whatever free booze our thirsty hands landed upon, we stumbled upon this quote:

"I was running a great race before you tripped me."

And at that moment in time, that was a great quote for my life post-New York. I turned that into:

"I was running a great race before... you inspired me. And now my head's right and my writing hand is back and I'm ready to take your bullshit. Wearing clothes that aren't mine, the world is a vampire. Breathe when you think you're suffocating, in the damp heat, don't gasp, breathe normally because it's not as bad as you have it imagined in your head. Yet I still believe that I cannot be saved...With Cobain singing to me in the car on the way to the key, cold-plunged the negativity away, life's toxins released with the shock of the ice cold water."

Written after a day at the Standard spa and pool, where these pics were taken:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

So that's my homegirl! The classy piss-drunk, the talented, artsy stoner, the skinny gourmet chef, the outdoorsy girly girl, the home away from home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love whitneyyyyyyy rouxxx